Elderly care is specialized care that is designed to meet the unique needs of the elderly. It is a service offered in many forms to provide older people with a variety of options so that they can choose the kind of care that is best suited for them.
If you are thinking about what elderly care options there are, here are a few that you can choose from.
- LIVE-IN CARE: Live-in care is a type of caregiving service that requires the caregiver to reside with their patient. This means that they are not clocking in and clocking out but living in the same residence with their patient. This kind of care arrangement is primarily for those who require continuous caregiving services either due to chronic illnesses, disabilities, aging limitations or complex medical needs.
- NURSING CARE HOME: Nursing care homes also known as Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) are facilities that provide residential and professional nursing care for older people. They are usually targeted towards providing care for older people who require 24/7 ongoing nursing assistance. This includes older people with complex illnesses, disabilities, mental illnesses and addictions that require constant nursing supervision and assistance.
- ADULT CARE HOME: Adult care homes are residential care facilities that provide housing, personal care and other support services for older adults who do not necessarily require professional nursing or medical care. The primary focus of adult care homes is to provide a home-like environment, like a home away from home experience. Adult care homes are most suitable for older adults who need assistance with daily living activities and also desire company and community amongst other people in the same stage of life.
- HOSPICE CARE: Hospice care is a kind of adult care that specializes in providing comprehensive and compassionate care to older adults who are dealing with a terminal illness or life threatening condition. The primary goal of hospice care is to compassionately support their patients with professional medical, emotional and spiritual help that provides them with comfort and dignity in their final days.
- RESPITE CARE: Respite care is a temporary care service that is aimed at providing care for a short period of time as a means of relieving primary caregivers who may be burnt out and need a break or who may need to travel for a short period of time. Respite care can be provided in the home, in nursing facilities or in adult daycares.
CONTACT VITALIS HEALTHCARE
At Vitalis HealthCare, our team of certified, experienced and professional caregivers and registered nurses are efficiently trained to provide you or your loved ones with the best quality and compassionate home care services.
If you would like to hire a professional caregiver or registered nurse, feel free to reach out to us through any of our contact details outlined below.
With us, you are in safe, competent and compassionate hands.
We provide our services in every county in the State of Maryland, United States of America.
Office Address: 8757 Georgia Avenue Suite 440 Silver Spring, MD 20910